At Palmers Cross our school council this year are:
Class 1 – Max and Benita
Class 2 – Jaskirat and Bayley
Class 3 – Emilia and Seyi
Class 4 – Oliver and Amelie
Class 5 – Misbah and Tianna
Class 6 – Ikram and Maddison
Class 7 - Faiz
The council meets each week to discuss current issues and is over seen by Miss Hancock.
Children braved the snow and had a wonderful Christmassy day wearing fantastic Christmas jumpers to raise money for the NSPCC! Children also enjoyed a delicious Christmas lunch! Thank you to School Council for helping to organise the day.
Thank you to all parents and carers for helping us to support this worthwhile cause and raise £420.00.
School Council organised the day and helped to raise money by:
- sticking coins onto a Pudsey Bear
- dressing up in rainbow colours and donating 50p
Children also decorated the classroom doors with a Pudsey Face!
We were very impressed with all the coins collected on the Pudsey Bears! Children and staff looked great dressed in rainbow colours!
School Council have been thinking about Anti-Bullying Week which takes place this year between 13th and 17th November. The theme this year is 'All Different, All Equal'.
During Anti-Bullying Week we want to:
- empower children and young people to celebrate what makes them, and others, unique
- help children and young people understand how important it is that every child feels valued and included in school.
- to celebrate what makes us ‘all different, all equal’ and celebrate difference and equality
Click on the links to see the Anti-Bullying posters School Council have created to be displayed around school.
Poppy Appeal 2017
School Council have been selling poppies during reading time to raise money for the British Legion. They will continue to sell them until Friday 10th November and we will let you know how much they raised.
Thank you for your support.